For most cat owners, collars are an afterthought; they are more of accessories than anything else. But the best cat collars can be so much more than that. They can be extremely useful when your cat gets lost. No one collar fits all cats; that is why there are different designs. You have to decide which one fits your cat the most. There are so many things that go into picking a high-quality collar. Hopefully, these reviews make it easy for you to choose.
Here are a few things you need to consider when looking for the best cat collars.
Safety is the first thing you should consider. Go for a collar that is adjustable and has a breakaway safety clasp. A collar with breakaway features reduces the chances of choking for your cat, especially if they get caught on something. Collars will not expand when your cat grows; when they become too tight, they will cause pain in the cat’s neck. That is why you need an adjustable collar; you can increase the size as the pet grows. Check the collar every week to make the necessary adjustments until the cat is fully grown.
A collar is indeed an accessory you can use to show your cat’s personality. But it also needs to be practical and functional. Go for a design that fits everyday life and will not get in the way of the cat’s activities. You should buy a collar that has a visible color against the cat’s fur. It’s more noticeable in case the cat wanders off too far. Some collars have bells; get one that can detach from the collar if you want a bell. Your pet doesn’t need to walk with a belt all the time.
3. Identification Tags
Most pet owners like to feature the cat’s name, their address and other details on the collar. If this is something you want, the collar you buy should have space for an identification tag. It’s usually a thin plastic or metal attached to the collar. There are pet stores with machines that will help you engrave the details you want on the tag. It’s an incredible feature because it allows people to trace you if the pet runs away.
Best Cat Collars – Top Picks
Beastie Bands Checkerboard Cat Collar
For a cat that doesn’t like wearing collars, this is the best option. It’s not a typical cat collar because you can trim it to fit and is made with highly stretchy material. You can avoid so many issues associated with regular collars. They are fit for an adventurous cat because it’s safe and comfortable. You can quickly release it, and it’s lightweight. They have simple patterns and are available in different colors.
- It features a Velcro closure.
- It has a metal eyelet for attaching an identification tag
- It is excellent for cats with sensitive skin
- It’s lightweight and soft
- It is very stretchy
- You can cut it to a preferred size
- It’s the best for cats that hate collars
- It’s a bit pricey compared to others in the market.
- Most comfortable, yet safe, cat collar on the market
- Price is for one collar
Custom Personalized Breakaway Cat Collar
Nylon cat collars are very durable; that is why this nylon webbing cat collar has made this list. It’s also one of the most personalized options you will ever find. You will have your cat’s name and your phone number embroidered into the collar. You can pick the color that agrees with the cat’s fur and have it customized. It has a bell to keep wildlife safe from your cat’s natural hunting instincts. It’s easy to break away from in case the cat is in danger.
- It’s adjustable to fit perfectly
- It has a bell
- The design is well-made and simple
- High-quality stitching
- Its reasonably discreet
- The lettering stands out well
- It’s affordable
- You can easily remove the bell and return it
- It’s easy to remove from the cat’s neck
- It’s not suitable for small cats or kittens
- When you adjust it too much, you may obstruct some of the letters and numbers on the collar.
- Please Click the button See All Buying Options,then click Customize Now,you will require to provide customization.
- This Breakaway CAT COLLAR IS EMBROIDERED with your cat’s name & phone number.The collar features a quick-release buckle and a non-corrosive stainless steel D-ring. The embroidery is permanently stitched into the collar for strength and long-lasting durability.
Rogz Catz Reflective and Glow Cat Collar
This cat collar glows in the dark; the straps are reflective. This is probably one collar that has the most features. It comes with a detachable bell, and the buckle has sensitivity settings. You can choose how easily you want the collar’s buckle to break away, depending on your cat’s weight. The buckle snaps open quickly, which is why most cat owners love the collar. Others breakaways, but sometimes it is not fast enough. It’s a durable option as well because the webbing on this collar is scratch-proof. A collar needs to come in different colors because cats have different shades of fur. It has cute decorations that will look great on your cat.
- The breakaway mechanism is necessary for the safety
- It glows in the dark for extra safety
- The scratch-resistant webbing make it durable
- It’s comfortable and lightweight
- The color-coded bell makes it highly personalized
- It’s adjustable
- It’s not small enough to fit a kitten
- Some cats may have allergic reactions to the material.
- Breakaway Buckle is a necessary Safety Measure; with added adjustable break-away load for cats of +6.6lbs, +8.8lbs and +11lbs
- Removable Color-Coded Bell for a personalized collar
Pawtitas Recycled Cat Collar
If you are big on conserving the environment, this earth-friendly cat collar is for you. It’s made using recycled bottles recovered from the ocean. It has a wide range of colors, probably more than any other collar on this list. The new and unique colors are also inspired by nature. It has an adjustable design, which is crucial because cats come in different sizes. It’s suitable for all stages in your cat’s life. The straps are reflective as an extra safety precaution. It provides maximum visibility by reflecting ambient light. There is a bell that helps in keeping other animals like birds safe from your feline friend.
- It’s eco-friendly
- It is offered in a range of unique colors
- It has adjustable reflective straps
- You can use it on a kitten or a big cat
- The material is durable
- The quick-release is very functional
- It prioritizes the cat’s comfort
- The cat can quickly destroy or fray it by chewing
- The release is too quick; the cat can easily lose the collar when playing outside.
- ♻️ Earth Friendly Choice for your Feline Friend, Our Breakaway Cat Collar with Bell is made from recycled bottles collected from the ocean. Pawtitas Eco collection Reflective Cat Collars were created to make the world a better place than we found it.♻️♻️
- New Unique colours inspired by nature, oceans, seas and beaches of our planet. With this in mind we created a wide variety of vibrant and appealing colors, making this cat collar unique as your pet.
TagME personalized cat collar
If you want your cat to look stylish and still be safe, you don’t have to look further. These collars come in lots of festive plaids and have an adorable bowtie attached to them. The stainless steel tag also makes it more practical. Your pet will have a form of identification at all times. The buckle is set to break away quickly in case your pet is caught or in danger. The simple design also has a bell and is still lightweight. It can be adjusted from 11 inches to 7 inches.
- You can include your phone number on the tag
- It is one of the cutest and stylish designs
- It’s lightweight and safe
- It has a lot of festive patterns
- The text on the tag is clear and readable
- It is of excellent quality
- The bowtie is a valuable addition
- It’s not wear-resistant
- It has a cat-shaped snap with very spiky ears
- Safety Cute Design - These bow tie kitten collar have a cute and safety breakaway buckle. Compared with other ear designs, our round ears are sleek and safe. It can prevent your cat from being injured.
- Ideal Size - The collar is adjustable for neck from 7 inches to 11 inches, and the width of the collar is 3/8", great for your boys or girls.
Blueberry Breakaway Cat Collar
When you consider charm when shopping for a cat collar, this Blueberry option will fit your cat perfectly. They are very colorful and have decorative pieces, including a flower attached to the collar. It’s a bold option that will make your cat stand out. There are 10 patterns and color combinations to pick from. There is an option of personalizing the collar to fit your unique pet. It’s made with high-density polyester webbing that lasts a long time.
- Lots of fun colors and patterns
- It has breakaway features
- The flower accessory is removable
- It has a bell
- It has fine stitching
- It’s easy to put on and take off
- The 9 to 13 inches length means it only fits adult cats
- It’s a bit stiff
- Pack of 2; Neck 9"-13", Width 3/8";
- Blueberry Pet bow tie cat collars are great gift ideas for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, wedding, birthdays and etc.
Double Velvet Soft Cat Collar
What more could you ask for than a beautiful velvet color. It’s exceptionally soft and gentle on your cat’s neck. Most pet owners approve that it’s one of the best cat collars out there. With over twenty colors to pick from, the collar is handmade. They added a quick-release buckle to keep your pet from being injured. The collar will come with a bell to help discourage hunting. An adventurous cat will appreciate the comfort and how light the collar feels. If your furry friend has sensitive skin, you need a velvet collar. You won’t have to deal with adverse allergic reactions.
- It is handmade
- They have prioritized comfort and safety
- The color choice is amazing
- You can easily remove the bell if your cat is always indoors
- The velvet design goes well with most cats
- It’s easy to adjust
- The breakaway buckle is very lose
- The life expectancy is not reasonable according to users.
- Personalized Cat Collar with Name Plate--No need extra ID tag for your cat. Dozens of fashion patterns for your choice to make cats look attractive and unique.
- Engraved Metal Buckle--The engraving on the buckle comes out pretty clear, fantastic and will not ruin or fade for durable use. ( Not break-away style buckle, IT REQUIRES MANUAL OPERATION，NOT suitable for acitivity outdoor cats ).
GoTags Personalized Cat Collars
These are bright embroidered cat collars that can also be personalized. You can write the name of your pet and other details across the straps. This gives you a chance to forego an ID altogether because everything is written directly on the collar. There are 15 thread colors to fit different types of cats. It’s also a breakaway collar with a bell to keep wild animals safe. It’s usually a bit expensive but worth every penny when you want nothing but the best for your pet. Like most high-quality collars, it’s also constructed nylon material.
- Has a long-lasting and unique ID for your pet
- The breakaway feature is designed to keep the cat safe
- It’s comfortable
- It’s machine-washable
- It can be personalized
- Wide color selection
- It’s adjustable from 8 to 12 inches
- Numbers get lost when you adjust the collar slightly
- It won’t fit a kitten perfectly
- Unique and long-lasting ID for your cat. Our personalized breakaway cat collar is designed to keep your cat safe with a safety buckle designed to release should their collar get caught. Comes with your cat's name and phone number permanently stitched into the nylon webbing. To see all our pet ID products, click on our brand name GOTAGS above the product listing title.
- 5 Collar Colors and 15 Embroidery Thread Color options.
Mogokoyo Personalized Cat Collar
If you prefer having the pet’s name engraved on the collar, consider buying this piece. The bell on the collar is detachable. It’s a nice feature because the cat doesn’t need to have a bell indoors; you can attach it when you go outside. It’s made with velvet material with tapered, and you can choose your favorite color. It’s a comfortable option, ideal for a cat that is not a fan of collars. It has a reflective strip to make the collar visible during the dark by reflecting light.
- High quality engraved collar
- Comfortable fit
- Adjustable from 7.8 to 10.6 inches
- Features a breakaway buckle
- Bell accessories
- They are customizable
- It’s light for everyday wear
- Made with soft velvet material
- The buckle is a bit huge
- Bigger for a kitten
- Size: 0.39" inch width; Neck Girth adjustable from 7.8"-10.6" inch.
- Custom Engarved Cat Collar: your pet's name/phone number or other info will be engraved on the stainless steel name plate clearly and permanently for strength and long-lasting durability.
Red Dingo Classic Cat Collar with Bell
This Red Dingo collar comes in a variety of colors and has a simple design. It’s functional and has all the safety features most pet owners look for. It combines style and strength perfectly; the nylon material is made to last. If you want a collar that just works without too many unnecessary features, this is the best option. It won’t irritate your pet’s skin, and it’s very comfortable. You can easily attach an identification tag. It also has a quick-release feature for extra safety. It’s safe to wear even when you take your cat outside, where it can easily get caught on things.
- It has a bell
- It features a breakaway clip
- It can be adjusted for a perfect fit
- It has a simple design
- It’s comfortable because of the splice cuts
- It allows you to add an identification tag
- It is easily frayed if your cat is aggressive towards it.
- Adjustable for perfect fit
- Soft yet durable webbing
These are 10 cat collar options if you are looking. The Beastie Bands checkerboard cat collars have safety features yet are still very simple. That is why they are topping the list. But you can pick any of the ten depending on your pet’s needs.