Does your dog have short hair? Have you been looking for the right brush to help you remove dead hairs and keep their coat looking well-maintained? In addition to removing the dead hairs from your dog’s coat, brushing is also important if you want to prevent their coat from getting matted.
If you’ve been looking for the best dog brush for short hair, you’ve come to the right place. In our article below, we’ve reviewed eight of the best dog brushes for short hair. Keep reading to find the best fit for your pup.
When you’re looking for the best dog brush for short hair, there are a few different factors you’ll want to consider. Not all dog brushes are the same, so taking a few minutes to evaluate your options and know what is most important to you can help ensure you select the best product for your dog.
The first thing you will need to decide is the type of brush you want for your dog. There are a number of different brush types including pin brushes, bristle brushes, slicker brushes, rakes/deshedders, and rubber brushes. Slicker brushes, bristle brushes, and deshedders are three brush types that can work well on dogs with short hair.
Slicker brushes are made up of short wires set at an angle. They can be very good for taking mats and other tangles out of your dog’s coat.
Bristle brushes will stimulate your dog’s skin and remove dirt from their coat, making them another great option for short-haired dogs.
Deshedders, also referred to as rakes, help to remove loose fur from a dog’s coat. You will want to look for a deshedder with shorter pins for dogs that have short hair.
After finalizing the type of brush you want for your dog, you will want to determine the right size. If you have a smaller dog, you will need a smaller brush; if you have a larger dog, you will need a larger brush. An appropriately-sized brush will help ensure you’re able to safely brush all the areas on your dog’s coat.
Brushing a dog can take a while, so you should also keep your comfort in mind. Choose a brush with an ergonomic handle that will keep your hand comfortable as you work through mats in your dog’s coat.
Finally, it is also important to keep the cost of each option in mind. You want to try to stay within your budget while still making sure you’re purchasing a quality item that will help you take good care of your dog.
8 Best Dog Brushes for Short Hair
Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush
Hertzko’s Slicker Brush is definitely an option you’ll want to consider when you’re looking for the best dog brush for short hair. This product is designed to be used on dogs (and cats) with all hair types. It gently removes mats without causing your dog any pain. The brush is designed with fine wires that are able to get into your dog’s coat to loosen and remove tangles, but since the wires are bent, they won’t hurt their skin.
This brush is extremely easy to clean; when you press the button, the bristles will retract back to allow you to remove all the hair from the brush. Another benefit of this brush is that is can help increase blood circulation in your pet. You’ll also notice that their coat is shinier, softer, and looks healthier when you consistently use this product.
You’ll also love how comfortable this option is to use. The handle is anti-slip and has a comfort grip to prevent your hand and wrist from getting sore or feeling fatigued when you’re brushing your pup.
- Cleaning the hair out of this brush is quick and easy thanks to the retractable bristles.
- The anti-slip handle with comfort-grip is designed to help make it easier for you to hold and use the brush for longer periods of time.
- Brushing your dog with this brush can help increase their blood circulation.
- You may find that the metal bristles are a bit too sharp for your dog.
- #1 Cat & Dog Brush - Voted best overall for 2022 by Spruce Pets; trusted by millions of pet owners
- Effective - Reduces shedding, detangles, removes dirt & debris, keeps coat looking shiny and healthy
DakPets Pet Grooming Brush
If you’re looking for a deshedder for your short-haired dog, take a close look that the DakPets Grooming Brush. This option has the potential to reduce the amount of hair shed by your dog by up to 95%.
The brush features a four-inch stainless steel comb that is designed not to irritate the skin of your dog. The special comb on this brush will remove loose hairs while helping keep the rest of your dog’s coat smooth and healthy.
The brush features a non-slip rubber handle. A cover is also included to protect the comb and extend its life. If you do need a new stainless-steel comb, that part of the brush can be purchased separately, so you won’t need to buy a whole new brush.
- The steel comb can be replaced without having to purchase a whole new brush.
- There are three different brush colors to choose from.
- This product can be used on dogs with single or double coats.
- Getting all the hair out from the comb can be a pain.
- Dog Brush Hair Brush: Our deshedder is developed by pet grooming experts who specialize in animal care. Our Pet Grooming Brush may reduce young & old dogs & cats from shedding by up to 95%. No need to worry about unsightly hair or fur all over your house, beds or car. Consider the savings you'll make on pet grooming tools and visits with your veterinarian or pet groomer. This dog cat grooming comb is so well-priced you can keep one in the house and car
- 100% Risk Free: We only sell New shedding brushes for dogs and cats - choose from blue, yellow and pink grooming brushes. We offer a no questions asked 60 Day Replacement Tool or Refund if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase. Our promise to you - It’s as simple as that for our Dog Comb
BV 2-Sided Dog Brush
The BV 2-Sided Dog Brush is two brushes in one. One side of the brush is a bristle brush, which would be ideal for short-haired dogs. The other side is a pin brush, which will come in handy if you also have long-haired dogs.
The bristle brush is perfect for removing dirt and loose hairs from your dog’s coat. It will also help you work through tangles and leave their coat clean and smooth. When you brush your dog with the bristle brush, you’ll also be providing them with a skin massage which can help release some of their natural oils to help make their fur shine.
The brush is designed with an ergonomic handle to offer comfort and protection when you brush for longer periods of time and/or repeat the same movements over and over again.
- Brushing your dog with the bristle brush will help release the oils from their skin.
- It has an ergonomic handle for enhanced comfort.
- You can use the bristle side of the brush to work through tangles or mats in your dog’s coat.
- You won’t really need the pin side of this brush for a short-haired dog.
- For all breeds and coat types. Your pet will be cleaner and shiny than ever before!
- The pin side helps to give your pet a great massage experience and remove loose hair; The bristle side helps to remove tangles, dirt, and loose hair, making the hair cleaner and shiner
Furminator Curry Comb for Dogs
The Furminator Curry Comb is another one of the best dog brushes for short hair. This option is perfect for getting all that loose hair out from your dog’s coat. It will also help remove any dust or other debris from their fur, keeping it nice and clean.
The Furminator is designed with molded rubber teeth. When you use it to brush your dog, the teeth will help stimulate their skin and help it produce more natural oils. These oils will help keep their coat healthy and shiny.
It is made from an anti-microbial plastic and has an ergonomic handle.
- It will help remove dust, dirt, and loose hair from your dog’s coat.
- The rubber teeth will stimulate the skin to produce natural oils.
- It is made using anti-microbial plastic to reduce germs and bacteria.
- This option is very reasonably priced.
- If you have large hands, you may not be able to comfortably fit your hand under the strap.
- FOR DOGS: FURminator Curry Comb is ideal for daily use on short and medium coats
- MOLDED RUBBER TEETH: Removes dust and loose hair – extracts debris left over from brushing.
Glendan Slicker Dog Brush
Next, you should look at the Glendan Slicker Dog Brush. This option comes in both large and small to accommodate dogs of different sizes.
This brush is a slicker brush, which makes it a good option for getting dander, dust, and dirt out of your dog’s fur. Additionally, the bristles on this option will also give your dog a massage whenever you brush them. The massage can help increase their blood circulation and even prevent skin disease.
The Glendan Dog Brush also features an anti-slip and comfort-grip handle. You won’t feel any strain in your wrist or hand even when you brush your dog for a long time.
- You can choose a large or small brush in either pink or blue.
- This style is good for removing dust, dirt, and dander from your dog’s coat.
- Glendan offers a 90-day money-back guarantee and a 365-day quality guarantee.
- Cleaning the brush out can be difficult
- Easy to clean pet grooming brush removes mats, ,dander and trapped dirt,Tangles and Loose hair with minimal effort and comfort - suitable for long or short hair.
- Pet slicker brush doing massage for your pet is good for preventing skin disease and increasing blood circulation. and leaves your pets coat soft and shiny.
Hertzko Bristle Brush for Dogs
The Hertzko Bristle Brush for Dogs is a quality item that is designed to be used on dogs of all sizes. This bristle brush will help loosen and remove tangles from your dog’s fur and get rid of loose hairs. Additionally, it also works well for removing dust, dirt, or dander than have become trapped inside your dog’s coat.
When they designed this brush, Hertzko took care to make sure they were making a quality product. The bristles are densely packed to ensure that your dog’s skin is not injured when you are brushing them. The brush is also built to last and is made using durable materials.
To keep your hand or wrist from feeling strained or fatigued, the manufacturer added an anti-slip, comfort-grip handle to the brush.
- Brushing your dog with this product will massage their skin to increase blood circulation and keep their coat healthy.
- The bristles are densely packed, so they’ll feel soft on a pet’s skin.
- In addition to loosening tangles, this product also helps remove loose hair, dust, dander, and dirt from your dog’s coat.
- This option may not remove as much loose fur from your dog’s coat as some of the other brushes on our list.
- Ideal brush for everyday brushing & fur fluffing - Hertzko's bristle brush gently removes loose hair, and eliminates tangles, dander, dust, and trapped dirt from your pet’s topcoat. Works great on dogs and cats of all sizes and hair types!
- Gentle & safe – Densely packed bristles are soft on your pet’s sensitive skin.
Bodhi Dog Bath Brush
If you’re looking for the perfect brush to use for bath time, look no further than the Bodhi Dog Bath Brush. This product is designed with soft rubber tips that are perfect for removing loose fur, dead skin, and dirt. When you use the brush after applying shampoo to your dog, it can also help the shampoo lather more effectively to get your dog even cleaner.
This product is designed with massaging bristles. Your dog will enjoy the massage they get while the bristles work to remove dirt, hair, and debris from their coat. The massage they receive will also be gentle, so you won’t need to worry about hurting them like you could with some metal bristle brushes.
One feature of this brush that makes it especially good for removing loose hair is the slip ends at the tip of the rubber teeth. These will not tug on your dog’s hair, but they will effectively remove loose hair.
- This product can be used during bath time.
- The rubber teeth have split ends to help remove loose hair from your dog’s coat without pulling.
- You can easily remove the hair from the brush by tapping on it and pulling the hair.
- Since the handcuff is rather large, you may find that your hand slips out at times.
- EFFECTIVE YET GENTLE: The soft rubber tips quickly scrub away dead skin and loose fur making it an excellent pet brush for grooming and bathing. It leaves pet skin clean and helps restore sheen and luster to the coat. Our handheld grooming tool won’t pull on hair making it a perfect brush for pets with sensitive skin. Our dog bath brush also increases the effectiveness of shampoo lathering, allowing less product to go further. Achieve a deeper clean than shampooing alone.
- PETS LOVE THE MASSAGING BRISTLES: Your pet will now LOVE bath time! Turn grooming into a soothing massage for your pet that feels good, gets them clean and helps keep their skin and coat healthy. Our rubber brush is much gentler on your pet than coarse firm slicker brushes and is a great alternative to a metal bristle brush. The brush is made from natural, unrefined, matte-finish rubber to limit our chemical footprint. The brush is easy to clean.
Pet Neat Deshedding Brush
Finally, the Pet Neat Deshedding Brush is another option you’ll want to consider. In just about 10 minutes, this brush can help you remove up to 95% of the dead hair and knots from your dog’s fur. The brush is designed to remove loose hair from your dog’s undercoat, which can dramatically reduce the amount of hair that they shed and leave around the home.
This deshedding tool features a 100-millimeter stainless steel blade that includes a protective cover. It also has an easy-grip handle to keep your hand and wrist comfortable as you brush your dog.
- You will be able to remove up to 95% of the dead hair from your dog’s fur.
- The blade is made from quality stainless steel.
- It has an easy-grip handle for added comfort.
- Pet Neat offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on its products.
- This product doesn’t remove as much hair as some of the more expensive alternatives.
- Best pet grooming tool! Leave behind the grooming headache, removing up to 95% of dead hair and tangles from your cat and dog easily IN JUST 10 MINUTES! Keep your furniture and floors free of pet hair while SAVING MONEY and TIME on expensive visits to the vet for pet grooming services! Get valuable grooming tips on the ‘Four Dog Care’ FREE E-book!
- A durable shedding tool! This dog and cat comb is MADE TO LAST through long years of effortless pet grooming! With the 100mm STAINLESS STEEL BLADE protected by a cover for your safety and the blade longevity and the STURDY, EASY-GRIP HANDLE, it promise top precision. It is a long-lasting deshedding tool, a MUST-HAVE pet hair remover!
Finding the right brush for your short-haired dog is important if you want to keep their coat healthy and tangle-free. We hope you’ve found our review of the best dog brushes for short hair helpful.
You will be happy with any of the eight options above, but our top pick is the Hertzko Self Cleaning Slicker Brush. We like that this brush will help you easily work out the tangles and mats in your dog’s coat without hurting them. It also has a comfortable handle to make it easy for you to brush your dog’s hair. And, the best thing? Simply push the button and you’ll be able to remove all the hair from the brush in seconds!