If you’re a dog owner, chances are you see your dog as part of the family. You look for ways to keep them safe and make sure they are well taken care of and happy. If you live in an area where it is hot or gets hot at different times throughout the year, finding a dog house that will keep your pup cool and comfortable is important.
Finding the best dog house for hot weather isn’t an easy task for a pet owner, however. There are many different products on the market and it can be challenging to determine which one is the best option. We wrote this review to make this decision a little easier for you by highlighting nine of the best options currently on the market.
When you’re looking for the best dog house for hot weather, there are a few different factors you’ll want to consider. All dog kennels are not the same, so taking care to choose one that will best meet the needs of your pup is important. Read through our buying guide below to identify some of the key things you’ll want to keep in mind before making a purchase.
When your primary goal is finding a good dog house for hot weather, paying attention to ventilation is key. Without proper ventilation, your dog could easily overheat in his or her dog house. Look for products that have air vents or other features that will allow cooler air to circulate in the kennel to keep your dog comfortable.
You may decide you want to look for a kennel that is elevated. Since elevated dog houses are raised off the ground, they can also help promote airflow and circulation. Another benefit of an elevated house is that water won’t come in as easily if it is rainy or the ground is wet.
Be sure to look for a dog house that is constructed using quality materials. These may include wood, thick plastics, or heavy-duty fabrics for portable options. Whatever you end up purchasing, you want to be able to feel confident that you’ll get your money’s worth and that your dog will be able to enjoy their house for a long time.
Finally, be sure to pay attention to the overall size and dimensions of each dog house you are considering. You want to make sure you find one that will be large enough that your dog will have space to spread out. However, you’ll also want to make sure the house is small enough that it will allow your dog to feel secure and protected.
Giantex Plastic Dog House
Our top pick for the best dog house for hot weather is the Giantex Plastic Dog House. This house is ventilated to help stabilize the temperature inside the house and keep your dog comfortable. In addition to the added airflow that the ventilation will provide, this kennel is also designed using thermal balancing properties to keep dogs cool in the summer and warm in cold weather, so you can continue using it year-round.
You’ll find that this is a quality product that will last for a long time. It is made from a durable PP material that is weather-resistant and will not corrode. Additionally, the doghouse also has an elevated floor to prevent water from getting into the house.
Unlike other houses that can be very challenging to clean, this house has a detachable roof that will allow you to easily access the interior for cleaning.
This option is available in two different sizes: a 28-inch tall house and a 30-inch tall house. Check the manufacturer’s recommendations to determine which size is best for your pup.
- This house is ventilated to provide airflow.
- The roof comes off for easy cleaning.
- The elevated design will keep your dog dry if it rains.
- The measurements for the large dog house option are a bit misleading, so this house may not work if you have a large dog.
- 🏠【HOUSE FOR SMALL DOGS】 The overall size of the dog house is 25'' x 27'' x 28''(L x W x H). Entrance size is 8'' x 17.5'' (L x H). This dog house is a great place to keep your dogs warm during winter and cool in summer. You can also use it for storage of all their toys.
- 🏠【ELEVATED FLOOR AND WATERPROOF ROOF】The floor is raised 3 inches above the ground to prevent water from splashing inside. The roof can well protect your dogs away from rain, wind and snow, providing a sturdy and warm shelter for your pets.
Petmate Indigo Igloo with Microban
Petmate’s Indigo Dog Igloo is another great option to consider. The igloo design of this house means that the main section of the house is offset from the doorway, which will keep your dog dry and prevent the hot sun from beating down on them. There are also vents on the roof to allow air into the house for increased circulation to keep your dog cool and comfortable.
Other features that make this a good option to consider are the raised floor and side moats. These features work together to prevent water from getting into the dog kennel and draining any water that finds its way in.
This option has also been treated with Microban Antimicrobial Protection. This will help prevent bacteria from growing on the house and keep it from getting stained.
You can purchase this option in three different sizes: medium, large, and extra-large.
- The roof has vents to let air circulate inside the house.
- There are three different size options to choose from.
- The Microban Antimicrobial Protection will keep the house cleaner and safer for your dog.
- The size and the shape of the house make it awkward if you want to move it to another spot in your yard.
- IGLOO DOG HOUSE: This heavy duty dog house for large dogs provides insulation in hot and cold weather, and an offset doorway that shields pets from rain. The roof has vents on the top of the house to circulate fresh air.
- DIMENSIONS: 43.8 x 34 x 25.8 | Weight: 50 lb
MidWest Homes for Pets Eilio Outdo
If you’re looking for a wooden dog house, consider the Eilio Outdoor Dog House. This option is available in three different sizes to accommodate small, medium, or large dog breeds.
This house features quality construction using water-resistant stained wood, durable asphalt shingles, and stainless-steel hardware. It also has an elevated base to provide cooling ventilation and keep your dog drier if it is raining or wet on the ground.
If your backyard is not completely flat, you’ll appreciate that each of the four legs can be independently adjusted to make the house level and stable. No tools are required to assemble this product; it features a folding design and can simply be opened up once it arrives at your house.
- You can find the right size house for small, medium, and large dog breeds.
- This model has an elevated base to provide ventilation.
- You won’t need any tools to assemble the house.
- The wood may warp, making it impossible to refold the house.
- No Tools Assembly Folding Wood Dog House ; Eilio outdoor dog house features our patent-pending no tools assembly and can be set-up instantly, simply un-fold the dog house and your work is done
- Outdoor Dog House Suitable for Small Dog Breeds ; Our small dog house measures 21.74L x 33.59W x 25.28H - inches (weighs 42 lbs.) and is ideal for small dog breeds w/ an adult weight up to 25 pounds
Our Pets Tuff-N-Rugged Dog House
The Our Pets Tuff-N-Rugged Dog House is designed to keep your dog cool on hot days while also keeping them warm on cooler days. The house has a double-wall design to provide insulation and keep the temperature comfortable. It is a very well-insulated dog house. It also has adjustable air vents so you can ensure there is sufficient ventilation in the house for your furry friend.
Durable plastic materials were used to make this house. In addition to contributing to the longevity of this item, the durable plastics are also fade-resistant and provide UV protection.
Once this dog kennel is delivered, you’ll be able to assemble it without needing any tools. It is also designed to be easy to clean with a detachable roof. This house is best suited for medium and large dogs that weigh up to 125 pounds.
- There are adjustable air vents.You won’t need any tools to assemble the house.The plastic is fade-resistant, so it should keep its color for quite some time.
- The plastic is not as thick as some other models and does not provide as much insulation.
- DOUBLE-WALL DESIGN: Keeps pets cool in the summer and warm in the winter with a double-wall design. Adjustable vents for proper ventilation.
- ALL WEATHER CONSTRUCTION: Constructed from heavy-duty materials to keep your pet safe from the elements. Fade resistant color with UV protection
Indoor/Outdoor All-Weather Dog House
For small and medium dogs, take a look at the Indoor/Outdoor All-Weather Dog House. This model features a raised floor to provide cooling ventilation and keep your dog dry.
Another feature you’ll like about this house is that it is easy to clean. The room can be removed to provide you with access to wipe out or rinse out the interior.
Some assembly is required for this house, but it should not take you more than a few minutes. All you’ll need to assemble it is a screwdriver.
This product is available in three different colors: red, blue, or green.
- This is a good option if you have a small dog.
- The floor is elevated to keep dogs dry and cool.
- You can remove the roof to clean the interior.
- The plastic may crack or chip easily.
Tangkula Wooden Dog House
Next up is the Tangkula Wooden Dog House. This option features a log cabin design that will look nice in any backyard. It is available in two different sizes: medium and large.
This option features a slanted asphalt roof that will help keep your dog dry on a rainy day. The slated design of the roof will keep water from pooling up on top of the house.
Solid fir wood was selected for making this house because of how durable and long-lasting it is. Fir is also an environmentally friendly option and is non-toxic for dogs. The roof is hinged to provide you with easy access to the house’s interior for cleaning.
When you set this house up in your yard, you’ll be able to make sure it is completely level by adjusting the four feet. The four feet also elevate the house up off of the ground to provide ventilation for your dog.
- The fir wood used to make the house is non-toxic for dogs.
- You can open up the roof using the hinges to clean the inside.
- The feet are adjustable to help you make sure the house is level for your dog.
- The floor of the house is not as solid as it could be.
- 【🐶Log Cabin Style Design】This classic log cabin style dog house is a fun, rustic addition to your patio, yard, or inside the house. The beautiful, traditional design complements any backyard. Perfect for your adorable puppies weighing up to 45 lbs.
- 【🐶Weather Resistant】 Main house with roof to protect your pet during adverse weather. The slanted asphalt roof is covered in durable composite shingles and will protect your furry friends from adverse weather.
IRIS USA Large Igloo Shaped Dog House
The Iris USA Large Igloo Shaped Dog House features a curved design that will keep your dog protected from the elements. It also has an adjustable ventilation cap to allow you to make sure your dog has enough ventilation to stay cool and comfortable on a hot day.
This model is made using durable plastic that is designed to hold up to the elements. The top of the house can be unsnapped from the base for easy cleaning or transport.
This house would be a good option to consider if you have a mid-size dog, like a beagle or a corgi.
- The igloo-shaped design can keep your dog away from the elements.
- You can adjust the ventilation cap.
- The top and base can be unsnapped if you need to clean or transport the house.
- The adjustable air vent can’t be locked into the place, so it could be ‘adjusted’ by the wind or young children.
- OUTDOOR & INDOOR DOG AND CAT HOUSE - Keep your dogs and cats happy and dry with this igloo shaped pet house.
- GOOD VENTILATION - Adjustable ventilation cap allows for ample airflow for your dog or cat.
Zampa Portable Foldable Pet Playpen Exercise Pen Kennel
If you’re looking for a portable dog house that you can take on trips or if you bring your dog to a friend or family member’s house, take a look at the Zampa Portable Foldable Playpen Kennel. You’ll be able to get this house set up in seconds whenever you need it; the kennel features a pop-up design.
This product folds flat for easy storage and transport. It is also lightweight and comes with a carrying case, so packing it along for your excursions with your dog will be no big deal.
This is a high-quality option that is designed to last for a long time. It is made using heavy-duty, waterproof fabrics with reinforced corners and protected seams. The top and side panels feature a durable mesh fabric that will allow air to circulate and keep your dog cool on a hot day.
It can be purchased in four different sizes (extra small, small, medium, and large) and four different colors (pink, blue, brown, and red).
- This option is very lightweight and portable.
- It only takes a few second to set up and be ready for your dog to use.
- There are four different sizes to accommodate different breeds of dogs.
- Folding the playpen back up takes longer than setting it up.
- Quality: Pet playpen with protected seams and reinforced corners to ensure your pet's safety made from durable quality & water-resistant materials.
- Design: Our stylish 8-Panel puppy playpen is designed with a spacious interior, with features as bottle holder from the outside and exterior side pockets that provide a handy place for personal items etc.
AmazonBasics Elevated Portable Pet House
Another portable option to consider is the AmazonBasics Elevated Portable Pet House. This option is available in two different sizes for small- or medium-sized dog breeds. It can also be purchased in three color options: blue, black, or khaki.
The dog house is designed to be durable. It is made using a heavy-duty oxford fabric cloth that is designed to hold up well to the elements.
At the top of the house, there is mesh fabric to provide ventilation on a hot day. There is also a fabric panel that can be folded down to cover the mesh if it is too cold or rainy, which makes this a good winter dog house.
This product is elevated off of the ground to allow for ventilation and to help your dog stay drier on a rainy day. Your dog will also be more comfortable sleeping on the fabric raised above the ground than they would be sleeping right on the ground.
- This option is lighter weight and easier to transport than most other dog houses.
- There is mesh fabric at the top of the house to allow air to circulate.
- The house is elevated to keep your dog more comfortable when they lay down in their house.
- Assembling this house will take some time and effort.
- Portable raised pet kennel for indoor and outdoor use provides a cosy shelter for a small dog or small cat, weighing up to 25lbs/11kgs
- Rectangular-shaped raised cot offers support and comfort; large front opening for easy in/out access
We hope our reviews have helped you decide on which dog house will be the best product for your furry best friend. We like all nine of the options we reviewed, but we believe the Giantex Plastic Dog House is the best dog house for hot weather.
The Giantex Plastic Dog House is elevated and ventilated to keep your dog cool. It is also durable, easy to clean, and quick to assemble. We think both you and your dog will be very happy with this option!