Naturally, huskies are clean. They will only need cleaning a few times a year or when they get particularly muddy. The dog breed has high energy and is famous for its wolf-like characteristics. It is very active, very curious, and playful, and it will sometimes get muddy after rolling in the field. Before you wash their double-layered fur, check out our list of the best shampoo for huskies.
How to Pick the Best Shampoo for Huskies
Your husky needs a mild shampoo. Shampoo brands that contain chemicals can harm the skin of your furry friend. Although these chemicals enhance the cleansing power of the shampoo, they strip down the natural oils on the dog’s skin. This will leave the skin dry, which can cause itchiness and sensitivity. The skin of the husky might react to the dryness by producing a lot more oil. Too much oil makes the coat attract dirt and can have a bad smell. You need to avoid shampoo with:
- Alcohol colorings
- Artificial sulfates
- Artificial fragrances and preservatives
Some of the most harmful chemicals include:
- Propylene glycol
- Sodium laureth sulfate
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Isopropyl (SD-40)
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine
Once you ensure your shampoo does not have any of the ingredients below, consider the following to pick the right shampoo:
Shampoos may contain natural ingredients, such as coconut oil, aloe vera, mint, and chamomile. These natural ingredients soothe, rehydrate, calm, and cleanse the husky’s skin without causing any side effects. Some of them have anti-inflammatory properties. These ingredients replenish the natural oils on the coats and skin of the husky instead of removing the oil. If you bathe your husky, and it starts smelling a few days after, the shampoo used may have had chemicals.
Formulas with Oatmeal
Although not many formulas have this ingredient, your husky will benefit from it. Oatmeal has great skincare properties. The colloidal oatmeal, which is whole oatmeal in powder form, can soothe, rehydrate, restore pH, and reduce inflammation on the dog’s skin.
With a concentrated formula, a little goes a long way. You will only need to use a few drops, and you have enough lather. The regular shampoo may not adequately penetrate the thick double-layered coat of a husky, but a concentrated shampoo has the needed strength. If the shampoo you have is not concentrated enough, you can still use it, but you need a little more for each bath.
Formulas for Puppies
Puppies are delicate and their shampoos are very mild. If the shampoo is safe for a puppy, it will be safe for your husky.
10 Best Shampoos for Huskies
1. De-Stress Aromatherapy Shampoo and Conditioner
The manufacturer recommends De-Stress Aromatherapy Shampoo and Conditioner for huskies with sensitive skin. However, you should ensure it does not get into the eyes and ears of the husky. It contains all-natural ingredients, such as oat, vitamin E oil, lavender oil, aloe vera oil, and chamomile oil.
Lavender oil is antibacterial and is capable of eliminating harmful bacteria and relieving the nervous tension of your husky. Chamomile calms the skin and can treat eczema. Aloe vera is anti-inflammatory and can reduce itching, irritation, and redness. Vitamin E is important in fighting the free radicals that might age the skin of the dog. Finally, oat provides vitamin B, which reduces inflammation and moisturizes and strengthens the skin of the husky. The oatmeal also heals bumps and redness.
This shampoo is free from chemicals, fragrances, and preservatives. It is a concentrated formula, so you only need a little to form lather. With oat and other ingredients, the formula penetrates to the deepest layers of the husky’s coat.
- 100% natural ingredients
- Frees of dyes, parabens, and other chemicals
- Concentrated formula
- Safe for puppies
- Does not resolve free issues directly
- Fresh Scent Dog Odor Shampoo & Conditioner: Pet owners who’ve thrown away too many pet products tell us Gerrard Larriett has changed their lives; Instead of covering odors with heavy perfumes, our sulfate-free dog odor shampoo and conditioner offers gentle cleaning and softening that washes away doggy odors leaving behind fresh Aromatherapy scents that won’t overwhelm sensitive doggy noses
- USA-Made, Anti-Itch Dog Shampoo: Our team of American experts crafted these dog itch relief products without the harsh ammonias or chemicals that aggravate allergies and irritate skin and eyes; Instead you get an all-natural, 100% biodegradable formula made with vitamin E, Aloe, Jojoba oil, and Lavender to clean without drying to make cuddle-time much more enjoyable
2. Bodhi Dog Premium Organic Oatmeal Shampoo
Like the De-Stress Aromatherapy Shampoo above, this Bodhi Dog Organic Shampoo is recommended for huskies with sensitive, irritated, or damaged skin. The formula is mild and uses all-natural plant-based ingredients.
It contains baking soda, which fights off bad odors and resolves dandruff and pet dander problems. Baking soda is also anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic. These properties allow it to fight microorganisms that might cause diseases. Further, the formula contains vitamins A, D, and E, coconut oil, fruit extracts, aloe vera oil, and oat proteins. These ingredients moisturize and repair the skin of the husky. It also fights irritation and itching and keeps the bad smell off your husky.
The shampoo won the 2020 Family Choice Awards for the best dog shampoo. Its formula has a light apple scent, but no chemical fragrances, parabens, sulfates, or anything else that can harm the skin of your husky. It is safe for puppies and all dogs with damaged skin.
- Detergent and chemicals free
- Cruelty free
- Award winning organic formula
- Eliminates bad smell
- Does not completely deal with itching
- SOOTHES AND MOISTURIZES DRY, ITCHY SKIN: Our all plant botanical based moisturizing pet shampoo contains high quality natural ingredients including oat proteins, aloe vera, coconut, vitamins A, D & E and fruit extracts to provide instant cooling and calming relief to inflamed, damaged skin. Our gentle oatmeal and baking soda shampoo soothes irritated skin and helps to relieve itching and scratching while leaving your dog or cat fresh and clean with moisturized skin and silky, conditioned fur.
- FORMULATED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Our soothing pet wash is effective yet extremely gentle making it an excellent shampoo for animals with allergies and other sensitivities. Our all natural oatmeal shampoo is 100% detergent and alcohol free and 100% non-toxic. Its a safe alternative to other cleaners that contain harsh chemicals. Our non toxic pet shampoo does NOT CONTAIN parabens, SLS, or stripping Ethyl alcohol.
3. TropiClean Natural Dog Shampoo
TropiClean is marketed as medicated itch relief shampoo. It can help huskies with dry and irritated skin. Its formula contains salicylic and tea tree oil to fight dandruff, flakes, and scales on the skin of the husky. These are some of the main problems that dogs face. You can use it together with flea treatments to eliminate the problem of itchy skin for good.
Besides the two ingredients above, the shampoo and conditioner contain natural ingredients, which include kiwi extract, papaya extract, vucca extract, chamomile extract, aloe extract, and pomegranate extract. These ingredients soothe, moisturize, and heal the skin of your husky. The formula is so mild that even you can use it on your hair.
To use, wet the coat of the husky and massage the TropiClean shampoo into the coat for about five minutes. Rinse well.
- Free of detergent and soap
- All natural ingredients safe for human use
- Cruelty-free testing
- Does not have any scent
- EFFECTIVE ITCH RELIEF – A dog itch relief shampoo that helps sooth dry, irritated skin and provides a comforting oatmeal and tea tree scent.
- MEDICATED FORMULA – Our tea tree dog shampoo is formulated with beta hydroxy, an anti-inflammatory agent, to help provide long lasting itch relief.
4. Bio-Groom Super White Pet Shampoo
This shampoo is ideal for white or light-colored huskies. The formula contains proteins that maintain the glow of the coat and skin. This formula also controls issues of flyaway hair, tangling, and matting.
Bio-Groom Super White Pet Shampoo is rich in coconut oil that moisturizes and soothes the skin of your husky. The hydrolyzed protein heals the damaged skin and eases irritation and itchiness. It contains a light floral scent to keep your dog fresh all day.
All ingredients are natural and it contains no parabens, sulfates, and anything else that can damage the skin of the husky.
- All-natural ingredients
- Soothes and heals damaged skin
- Concentrated formula, so a little goes a long way
- Only works for light-colored or white huskies
- Designed to enhance white and light-colored coats
- Rich formula cleans thoroughly while adding luster and body
5. Wahl Waterless No-Rinse Shampoo
If your husky doesn’t like bath time, you can use this waterless shampoo. It contains all-natural ingredients and an oatmeal fragrance that keeps your pet’s coat smelling fresh. The natural ingredients help remove obvious dirt and soothe and heal the damaged skin of your husky in between baths. With oatmeal extract, the shampoo is able to fight dryness and itching.
The shampoo contains coconut oil and aloe vera. These two ingredients protect the skin of your husky and keep it smooth and easy to manage at all times. You can use it if your husky has sensitive skin and does not love bath time. Because you never have to rinse off the shampoo, it is ideal for use with topical flea treatments.
To use Wahl Waterless No-Rinse Shampoo, put a handful of it on your palm and apply on the dry coat of the husky. Massage the shampoo into the coat and then air dry the husky.
- Contains no chemicals
- Cruelty-free testing
- Easy to use within a few minutes
- Concentrated formula
- Contains soap
- Does not remove all dirt and only works for in between baths cleaning
- Made in the USA - Our oatmeal & coconut lime verbena waterless shampoo is pH balanced, alcohol free, paraben free, PEG-80 free and is highly recommended for gentle cleaning and freshening dogs, cats, & other animal coats
- No Rinsing Necessary – For dogs, cats, horses, or other animals that don’t like wet shampoos; no rinsing necessary, simply dry with a towel & brush coat
6. 4Legger Organic Dog Shampoo
The 4Legger Organic Dog Shampoo is marketed as a hypoallergenic shampoo option for huskies with dry and itchy skin. It contains lemongrass, coconut oil, and aloe vera. Its concentrated formula means you only need to use a little, and it will help keep your dog fresh.
Lemongrass is naturally a cleansing agent. It removes the stinky smell that your pet collects over a period of many months. The ingredient also contains toning properties that enhance the blood circulation of the husky. Further, it contains antibacterial, pest deterrent, and antifungal properties to enhance the health of your husky’s coat. Aloe vera soothes the skin and protects it from inflammation, itching, and irritation.
Besides the three ingredients above, the shampoo also contains olive oil and jojoba oil. These two protect the skin from aging and moisturize skin. The shampoo is able to whiten the coat of white huskies and make colored coats shine all without any chemicals.
- Free of chemicals
- Fights pests, bacteria, and fungi
- Highly concentrated
- Is not easy to rinse out
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS THAT MAKE SENSE: 4Legger USDA certified organic dog shampoo is a true, natural dog shampoo handcrafted in small batches using real plants, not synthetic chemicals. A concentrated dog coconut shampoo with soothing aloe vera and lemongrass essential oil ensures your pup gets clean the right way, without detergents, petrochemicals, or other harmful ingredients commonly found in other dog shampoo. 4-Legger is safe for dogs, cats, and you!
- GREAT FOR ITCH RELIEF AND SENSITIVE SKIN: The perfect itchy skin dog shampoo, 4Legger organic lemongrass & aloe dog shampoo with organic oils to help with flaky or dry skin and dandruff. A dog skin soother through lemongrass to make hair and fur naturally healthier. We don’t use artificial thickeners, which means your dog will have a naturally soft and shiny coat with our organic dog wash.
7. Pro Pet Works Natural Oatmeal Shampoo and Conditioner
This hypoallergenic shampoo and conditioner work for huskies with food allergies and flea bites. It also works for cats so that you never have to buy separate shampoo for them. The Pro Pet Works Natural Oatmeal Shampoo and Conditioner contains organic almond oils, aloe vera, oatmeal, and vitamins A, D, and E. Its ingredients are so safe that they do not irritate the eyes and ears of your husky.
The oatmeal in the formula soothes the skin of the husky and fights the wet dog smell. It also helps detangle and de-shed the husky’s coat for easy brushing. You can use it every day without any effects on the coat or the skin. All the ingredients work together to reduce allergic reactions to food and grass and other allergens. Vitamin E protects the husky from UV rays from the sun and facilitates the skin’s natural repair mechanism.
- Fights pet dandruff and dander
- Moisturizes the skin and the coat
- Can relieve irritation
- Takes relatively longer to rinse out
- >ALL NATURAL PLANT BASED FORMULA: Featuring ingredients like Aloe Vera Gel, Organic Almond Oil, Oatmeal, and Vitamins A, D, E, and B12, our unique and special blend was carefully formulated and expertly crafted to be safe for pets with sensitive skin. Our solution works as a detangler to detangle hair for easy brushing, is safe for daily use, and helps eliminate that oh-so-familiar wet dog smell. Give your pet relief from hot spots and itching with our effective shampoo and conditioner.
- >PREMIUM QUALITY: Made using only the finest ingredients available, our formulation is paraben-free, cruelty-free, sulfate-free, alcohol-free, and soap-free. The Aloe Vera Gel in our formula contains twenty (20) of the twenty-two (22) amino acids that pets need that usually only come from the food they eat. To top it off, our products are made right here in the USA!
8. Nature’s Specialties Plum Silky Shampoo Conditioner
The Plum Silky shampoo contains a rich blend of silk proteins, aloe vera, and vitamins A, D, E. It is a highly concentrated shampoo that you should mix 24:1, so a little goes a long way. Its conditioning capabilities make the coat easy to brush and shiny. It also adds texture to the coat and leaves a sweet floral fragrance that lasts for a couple of days.
The Nature’s Specialties Plum Silky Shampoo Conditioner contains a blend of essential oils that moisturize the skin and coat of the husky and soothe irritation and itchiness. To use, you only need to dilute it in warm water and then massage it into the coat of the husky. Thanks to its high concentration, it is not easy to apply directly on the coat without diluting it first. After that, rinse thoroughly so that all the lather is out.
The shampoo contains no chemicals and is easy to rinse out.
- Concentrated formula
- All-natural ingredients soothe and heal the skin of your pet
- Leaves the coat shiny
- Cannot be applied directly without diluting first
- ULTRA CONCENTRATED - One 32 oz bottle dilutes up to 6 gallons with tap water. Apply direct or dilute with warm water as desired. Massage shampoo into coat from head to tail, rinse thoroughly, repeat if needed. Don't pre-dilute and use over days, weeks, months. Only dilute the amount you plan to use same day.
- CLEANS AND CONDITIONS - You will love this mild concentrated conditioning shampoo for its capabilities to clean and add texture while leaving a wonderful lasting fragrance for days.
9. Moosh Natura Dog Shampo
Moosh Shampoo is 100% natural and organic. It does not contain any chemicals, which makes it ideal for huskies with sensitive skin. The shampoo contains Bentonite Clay, an ingredient not seen in other shampoos. This clay is popular for its healing properties, and it also cleanses the fur of your husky.
Further, the shampoo contains Argan oil, which moisturizes and conditions the fur. It also soothes, softens, and reduces flaking issues.
The essential oils moisturize the skin and also leave it with a nice scent for a few days. All ingredients are locally sourced and the shampoo is formulated in the US.
- Made in small batches in the US
- Contains natural healing properties
- Conditions your husky’s coat
- Takes longer to rinse out
- WHY WASH YOUR 4 LEGGED LOVE ONE IN A BUCKET OF CHEMICALS? When we say Natural and Organic – We mean 100% Natural and Organic! No sulfates. No preservatives. No chemicals. and easy to rinse. ALWAYS CRUELTY FREE
- ITCHY SKIN or HOT SPOTS? We are the only dog shampoo with Bentonite Clay. This clay has been known for centuries for natural healing abilities. It leaves your dogs fur squeaky clean and calm, soothed skin.
10. Rocco & Roxie Shine Conditioning Shampoo
The Rocco & Roxie Shine Conditioning Shampoo replenishes and moisturizes the fur of your husky. It restores the natural luster and shine of the husky using its blend of essential oils and oatmeal.
The shampoo contains argan oil, vitamin A, chamomile, and geranium extract. There is also peppermint oil whose function is to balance the oils on the skin of your husky without altering the pH balance. According to the manufacturer, the shampoo has a mild and fresh scent that should last for a few days after the bath.
This shampoo can penetrate deep into the skin to repair the cells and follicles for a healthy-looking coat. It is free from any chemicals and works well for all dog breeds and puppies.
- Soothing properties
- Helps with allergic reactions
- Leaves the coat shiny, thanks to argan oil
- Formula not concentrated
- REPAIRS & REPLENISHES - When it comes to dogs, nothing says “health” like a glossy, smooth coat. This luxurious blend penetrates deep down to wash away dirt, repair hair follicles, restore luster and make him oh-so-pettable.
- NATURE’S BEST INGREDIENTS - Made with deep-conditioning Moroccan argan oil for super shine; nourishing vitamin A; geranium extract, which strengthens and regenerates skin cells; and gentle chamomile.
You can pick any of the best shampoos for huskies above, and it will meet the needs of your husky. However, you need to understand your dog’s skin conditions. Consider whether they have allergies, flea bites, irritation, itchiness, or dryness, and choose the perfect product for that. Again, if your husky has a bad odor, you need to pick a product that helps you fight that. The De-Stress Aromatherapy Shampoo and Conditioner is our top choice, thanks to its versatility. You can use it for puppies and adult huskies, and it also corrects most of the major conditions that affect huskies, including allergies, inflammation, and irritation.